Experienced professionals in the Aerospace & Defense industries may already be familiar with some elements of the Sologic Root Cause Analysis (RCA) problem solving method.
Investigating the causes of quality escapes, regulatory findings, or production problems are requirements throughout the aerospace supply chain. As a result, customers and regulators expect that rigorous and effective RCA be applied to eliminate defects, improve quality, increase system reliability and improve safety.
Sologic is an established provider of root cause analysis skills and tools to the aviation industry with established clients in North America, Europe, and Asia. As a result, our training courses, methods and software are tailored to the specific needs of the sector.
So, what exactly is a truly effective RCA and what does it deliver? At its core, RCA is a process for identifying the causes of problems or events in order to prevent them from recurring. It is based on the idea that effective management requires more than putting out fires for problems that develop but finding a way to prevent them. RCA can also be employed as a means of identifying best practice, supporting continual improvement and rewarding evidence-based decision making.
The methodology provides aerospace and defense professionals with:
- Insight into underlying causes of problems and successes in quality and safety
- Solutions with immediate and lasting impact, especially in reliability field
- A unified method to overcome silos and increased complexity
- Compliance with the expectations and guidelines of regulators and regions
- Reducing complaints and building a better reputation and experience for customers
- Opportunities to improve weakness or failures in supply chain
- Automated reports for improved transparency and compliance
- Creating a competitive edge for winning new business
Our evidence-based method enables aerospace and defense companies to uncover the genuine systemic and non-systemic causes of failure and understand where they can focus their continual improvement efforts. Supported by the powerful Causelink software product, the Sologic RCA method also integrates and supports complimentary programs such as Six Sigma, AS9100, and LEAN.