IT reliability is mission-critical for every business. Maintaining a high level of availability for every application, staying on the update path, and protecting everyone from malicious attacks ensures that information flows where it needs to, when it needs to.
When things go wrong, the organization depends on IT professionals to quickly understand what happened and get back on track. Incident, Problem, and Change managers use Sologic root cause analysis to manage the complexity of IT investigations, find ways to cut resolution time, and identify lasting solutions that reduce systemic risk.
Sologic is a long-established provider of root cause analysis skills and tools to many IT departments. As a result, our training courses, methods and software products are aligned to the many varied needs of the sector. Sologic RCA removes the reliance on subjective guess work, ineffective solutions and circular discussions, replacing this with a repeatable process, scalable for accuracy and built on objective analysis.
So, what exactly is a truly effective RCA and what does it deliver? At its core, RCA is a process for identifying the causes of problems or events in order to prevent them from recurring. It is based on the idea that effective management requires more than putting out fires for incidents but finding a way to prevent them. RCA can also be employed as a means of identifying best practice, supporting continual improvement and rewarding evidence-based decision making.
The methodology provides Incident, Problem, and Change managers with:
- Insight into underlying causes of system downtime
- Reduction in restoration times when outages do occur
- Solutions with immediate and lasting impact
- A unified method to address systemic issues
- Compliance with the expectations and guidelines of ITIL
- Reducing complaints and building a better reputation and experience for customers
- Opportunities to improve reliability and uptime
- Automated reports for improved transparency and compliance
- Creating a competitive edge for the entire business