Experienced professionals in the Manufacturing Sector may already be familiar with the elements of the Sologic Root Cause Analysis (RCA) problem solving method.
With the high cost of assets, integrated supply chains, and shareholder expectation on profits, todays manufacturing environment requires efficiency at all levels. Schedule delays, quality excursions, safety incidents, equipment downtime or environmental incidents interrupt the smooth flow of manpower and materials and create waste that cannot be passed onto the customer. Of course, all companies experience problems, but recurrent ones found in many manufacturing industries really frustrate and hold us back.
Sologic is a long-established provider of root cause analysis skills and tools to many of the manufacturing sectors from pharmaceutical, foods, durable goods and chemicals. As a result, our training courses, methods and software products are aligned to the many varied needs of the sector. Sologic RCA removes the reliance on subjective guess work and tired, old solutions such as “re-train” or “re-communicate” instead replacing them with a repeatable, scalable process, built on objective analysis that delivers innovative, effective solutions.
So, what exactly is a truly effective RCA and what does it deliver? At its core, RCA is a process for identifying the causes of problems or events in order to prevent them from recurring. It is based on the idea that effective management requires more than putting out fires for problems that develop but finding a way to prevent them. RCA can also be employed as a means of identifying best practice, supporting continual improvement and rewarding evidence-based decision making.
The methodology provides manufacturing professionals with:
- Insight into underlying causes of problems in quality, reliability and safety
- Solutions with immediate and lasting impact
- A unified method to address faults across a whole organization
- Compliance with the expectations and guidelines of regulators and HSE
- Reducing complaints and building a better reputation and experience for customers
- Opportunities to improve weakness or failures in supply chain
- Automated reports for improved transparency and compliance
- Creating a competitive edge for winning new business